Monday, January 13, 2014

It has been FOREVER since I've written on here. On either blog actually and that really makes me sad. However I have an anniversary coming up, and it's all but consuming every though these days. Not because I want it too, that's for sure, But I guess, it's just that time of the year.

So much has changed in my life over the past year. Where to begin.

On January 19th it will be a full year since I woke up having a normal morning routine and instead found that dreaded text. That text that broke me and made me an entire different person then I was before I went to bed the night before. I will NEVER again be that gullible innocent person. I will forever be a guarded person who doesn't know whether or not to trust, to let my walls down or keep them up, to know if I am being played or not,  but ah, that's life afterwards isn't it?  Really though, if it wasn't for it being this time of the year, I probably wouldn't feel as horrible as I do right now. Dates and holidays and stuff set off those darn triggers we all hate and dread so much.

Within a week, Retrouvaille became my new life, and still is. There is now life "before" retrouvaille and life after. Although I loved my before life, It was mostly lies, so the after is the one I'll like now. And just hope and pray it will never be a lie again. Retrouvaille is still, a year later a HUGE part of our lives and will always be.

The week after that, our youngest son, then 5 had his first seizure. It was the scariest time of my entire life. I was already down, and got knocked back down again.

Not too long after that, maybe 2/3 months, our daughter told us that she was having suicidal thoughts. Got her the help she needed.

Oh.. a month after that? Around May, I learned that my position was being cut and I was being thrown back to a lower position that I HATED and left 8 years prior.

A month after that, I had the option to stay in said horrible position or lose my job.

June 28th after 18 years of employment, I lost my job. *sigh* Its' been one hell of a year let me tell you.

By August I decided that hey, why not go back to school and do what I've always wanted to do? I registered and became a full time student working towards my Nursing degree.

In September Mike and I went on a cruise to celebrate our  10 year anniversary. We met the most amazing people, and new lifelong friends (I always find them on cruise ships?!) One person specifically though, touch my so much, I cried my eyes out saying goodbye. You see they live in Florida. We live in NY. She was like my kindred spirit. I need her near me. Thus became my thoughts, why are we still living in Buffalo?

By November the decision to relocate to Florida was made

December I got my first full semester grades and finished with a 4.0!

This month I put my application in for the Fall 2014 Nursing program.  Mike's been appling to jobs every single night in Florida and we spend all of our free time looking at housing in that state.

Yes, it's been one hell of a year. I am ready for a change. For new beginnings, for happiness, and a start to our future outside of NY. I gave it all to God and I know he'll lead us where we need to be. After all, He's got me this far hasn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment