Saturday, September 25, 2010

10 races in!!

I crossed a milestone this morning! I have now officially ran 9 5k's and 1 10k race! Since April I might add. That's an average of 2 races per month!! This one was extra special, as it benefited Niagara Hospice. They took such amazing care of us and my step father when he passed quickly from cancer 2 years ago. He is missed dearly everyday. 

SO I finished in 38:45 - which isn't a PR, BUT after BARLEY running for the past 6 weeks, I was pretty impressed when I turned that corner and saw 38 on the time clock! It was a nice course, that ran through 4 mile state park, in Youngstown, NY. It was nice to run by the all the families camping for the weekend and cheering you on. My heel is a bit sore after, but not unbearable. My mom actually walked the race with a good family friend of ours and both won medals for their age group! Mom finished in 57 something and karen in 1 hr 3 mins! Congrats to both of them too. We didn't get pictures (bummer) the best part of the whole thing was Colin (my 3 year old) running up and grabbing my hand just before the finish line and running with me. He was so cute and SO excited to run with mommy!! 

Tomorrow is yet another busy day. Apple picking with friends!! Ready for some fall fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment