Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Friends when you need them

I've been going through a really rough time for the past couple of days. It involves my personal life, so I won't post about it on here, but I have some amazing friends, counseling me, and helping me out. One of them sent me an email yesterday. This person, I met at a race almost 3 years ago, and we've remained friends via facebook and even race a few races together since then. She sent me this.:

Kym - I know how strong you are. It's what made me pick YOU, out of hundreds of others to run next too at that race 3 years ago. I saw it in your smile then. Your strength radiates in your smile and I knew immediately that we would be good friends. Your strength will carry you through.

At that moment, I needed someone, anymore to boost my confidence and pay me a compliment. She did just that and then some. It made my night, and more so, made me really smile for the first time in 3 days. How do our friends know right when we need them so???

Another friend, sent me a quote this morning  I received it right after I got out of the shower, which is a horrible place for your mind to wander and bring evil thoughts. It too, came when I needed it most.

"Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing....."
- Elizabeth Gilbert. 

So very true. Regardless of what road my life takes from here, it WILL be changing. It will never be the life I knew when I went to bed Friday evening. Here's to hoping for positive changes.




No comments:

Post a Comment