Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Forever's As Far As I'll Go

My Wedding song. When your getting married, picking that one song, is SUCH an important task. You have to really find something that fits your relationship. Early on into Dating my husband, He gave me a tape (because then that is what we had :) ) Of Alabama's song, Forever's As Far As I'll Go. He's never been one to show any emotion or feelings, so by him giving this to me, it showed me what he really felt. When we got engaged, it was only natural to pick the one song that showed our true feeling towards one another. The words were SO our life!! 

After your married, you'll hear that song a few times here and there, or if your like us, and pick an older song like we did, you'll never hear it again. We have NEVER heard it. In fact, we had to buy the CD for the DJ at our wedding because he too, had never heard the song before. With my life in it's current upheaval and trying to work through all of these problems, this morning on my way to work, I had the urge to hear this song. Thankfully, in the world of smart phones, I didn't have to go buy the CD again, just Google it! So I found it and listened to it over and over. WOW, I didn't realize then how very powerful the words in the song are. Or maybe they are to me right now, because I am so vulnerable. To imagine that I was loved as those words say just 10 years ago... is crazy to think. I hope more then anything, that those powerful words, and the feelings that come along with them, come back to him someday. I am not the person who fell out of love. I am not the person who thought things were bad. I'll do anything to have Forever a part of my life again. 

God, I am trying. I know he is trying. Please help me to not push him away again. To help him remember that at one point in time, his love for me WAS that important to him, and to me. Continue to guide us and love us, and carry us through this hard time. I know we can't overcome without your love, guidance and support. 
Amen.

Forever's As Far As I'll Go

I'll admit I could feel it
The first time that we touched
The look in your eyes
Said you felt as much
But Iam not a man
who falls so easily
it's best that you know 
Where you stand with me

I will give you my heart
Faithful and true
And all the love that it can hold
That's all I can do
But I've thought about
how long I'll love you
And it's only fair that you know
Forever's as far as I'll go. 

When there's age around my eyes
and gray in your hair
And it only takes a touch to recall 
the love we've shared
I won't take for granted 
that you know my love it true
Each night in your arms
I will whisper to you

I will give you my heart
faithful and true
And all the love it can hold
that's all I can do
But I've thought about
How long i'll love you
and it's only fair that you know
Forever's as far as I'll go......

No comments:

Post a Comment