Monday, January 25, 2010

How'd the weekend Go?

Before I write this out, I should say that I by no means plan on "dieting" I won't use that word or follow any particular plan. My goal is watch what I am putting in my mouth, watch portion control and just to eat healthier in general. I've done diets in the past. I've done great on them as well. THEN as soon as you stop the diet, you gain every ounce plus more. So this for me is more of a lifestyle change then a diet so it's something we can incorporate into our family lifestyle all the time. If there are days that we don't follow it, fine, and don't stick with it, that's fine too. I just don't want to have to set myself up for failure and that is what dieting is to me, in the end, it's failure. Regardless of what we are eating, good, bad, healthy or Not, I will STILL stick to my goal of portion control, regardless. that is going to be my one stipulation.

With that being said!

Friday night - We went to the gym. Courtney & I worked out together. I was able to walk 1.5 miles the treadmill & 1 mile on the stationary bike. I really do enjoy going to the gym. I always have. I have SO much more energy after a workout. It's just that once you get out of the habit, it's SO hard to get back into it!

Saturday - I unfortunately didn't work out this day. I am not beating myself up about it. It is what it is. I did go out to dinner with a friend for a much needed girls night out, and ordered a salad and only at 1/3 of it. Brought the rest home for hubby to eat :-)

Sunday - I watched my portions at dinner and did well. For snack I had a smart choice sundae, since I LOVE my nightly ice cream. Courtney & I also went the gym again and did a 1 hour family fit class. It required ALOT of strength training and kicked my butt big time, but that's OK. I also was able to get about 15 minutes of Wii fit in, in the morning. I did my typical aerobics, the advanced Hula hoop & the advanced Step, my 2 favorite. I need to get into the boxing again too, I love that one!

SO that was how my weekend went. I actually have a med check follow up appointment with my doctor tonight, so I am looking forward to see what my weight is. I know I just started this, but the weight I've been using is what I weighed 4 weeks ago when I went in for these meds, so it will be interesting to see if I am still that or if it changed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment