Thursday, June 17, 2010

I need a challenge

I am in need of a challenge. I guess being a full time working mom of 3 and advocating for 2 isn't enough for me huh?? Just kidding, I love that part! Seriosuly though. I do SO much better when I have a GOAL to work towards and can be held accountable for. 

I've proved to myself that I CAN run. I truly enjoy running now and look forward to each and every race that comes my way. This Father's day I will be running my first race with my kids there to cheer me on. this is a HUGE thing for us. We *typically* don't take them places, seriously I don't say that to be mean. It's just easier for them to stay home. Too many people, crowds, lots of noice etc, just overstimulate them, and it's a downward spirl from there, they are upset, i am upset and what's the point then, when no one is having fun? Well last weekend we did a family trip the marina. Walked the water, got ice cream and relaxed on the grass for a little bit. We had FUN. It was nice to get out with my little guys. So when I found this race, that had lots to do for the kids, and it was fathers day, I thought why not?? So they will have bounce houses, the zoo will have live animals and since I know Iam only (gone) for 40 mintues or less, I know hubby can do it alone. I am also running my first 10k on the fourth of july and Hope to run a 1/2 marathon someday. Never would I have thought this. So although I've accomplished this goal, I no longer HAVE to follow this strict program to make it happen, it's just second nature to me now. 

And I get bored with the same old. 

So I need a change. A challenge. 

I typically work out everyday. I feel bad if I don't. For the past 2 days I've been SO tired I can't even keep my eyes open. It's impossible to get to bed before 10:30 or 11. Colin still wakes up multiple times during the night and I wake up at 6:15 for work. So needless to say yesterday, I was wiped!! I decided to take a night off. To sit and do nothing. And eat a nice bowl of ice cream! And you know what? I DID enjoy it. I loved the ice cream. I loved the sitting there putting both kids to bed. Doing NOTHING. AT ALL! 

Then this morning came along and I felt guilty for not doing any thing last night! LOL how horrible! So I decided that I need to challenge myself. 

I bought Jillians 30 Day Shred not too long ago. I've done it only 3 times but VERY sparatic. I've decided that I need to do this faithully for the full 30 days. I'll still do my reg. gym workouts, but will STILL do the shred as well. I still have 6.5 weeks to get myself small enough to fit into a fitted size 20 dress that I bought 4 years ago. What better way to push myself to make that goal, but challenging myself to do this EVERYDAY!? So off I go. I am going to start it This Saturday/maybe Sunday. I am THINKING About getting up 20 mins early to do in the AM, if I have a rough night with Colin, that's Okay, I'll just do it later at night, but I must do it. I'd really like to get past week one and prove to myself that I am strong enough to work through Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment