Friday, June 18, 2010

My first Ever "NOTICED" moment!

was on cloud 9 when I got home from the gym yesterday. At the begining of my journey, I met a spark friend locally on here, we go to the same gym and quickly became buddies. She got me into Zumba and I got her into Strength Class training. We push each other and it's quite enjoyable. I've been taking the strength class I got her into since January. I really enjoy it. In fact, looking at the whole, I wonder if this is why I lose so slowly? I do ALOT of strength training? I wonder if my body is too busy making new muscle to work on the fat?? Whatever, anyway it sounds good right?? LOL

So Toni and I go to this class 2 times per week. Love the insturctor and got to know most people in there as well. A young(er) girl there usually comes with her husband, and I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks, but think nothing of it. Its summer now and the class is alot smaller. WELL said girl was there last night. As class ended and we put away our equipent, she comes up to Toni and I and says this "I haven't been here in 2 weeks, but I know who you two are, since your always here, always together and always enjoying it. So since I have been gone and came back today, I wanted to tell you guys that you look SO much different in 2 weeks. She said I am sure you don't see it, but she does and wanted to let us know that we are doing a great job" I was floored! I haven't really had anyone yet notice a change in me. Everyone I know, see's me everyday, so they would't see the change. And when they say "you look good Kym" I have a hard time believing that it's sincere, since they KNOW I am trying, it's probably just out of niceness. I couldnl't stop smiling and thanking her to pieces. She made my night!!
At 26 lbs lost, I thought I too would see major changes, I don't so much, only down one size, but you know what? I FEEL better. that is what counts! I can wrap a bath towel around my body when I get out out of the shower. I've always had to use 2 in the past. I can go in my closet and wear "most" of the clothes in there now. I can come home from work and put on shorts and a tshirt instead of Pajama bottoms, becuase I am more comfortable and confident. This girl proved to me that my hard work IS working. And that all the sweat and pain that comes with it is more worth it then ever.
Remember how I hurt my hip last week? It was feeling better. Went to Zumba last night, and 20 mintues in, popped it out AGAIN. ugh!! Even had to leave class, couldn't even stand! SO I think I am going to take it easy until my Race on sunday. Don't want to cause any more damage.
AND tonight is game night with my girlfriends too. 15 of us get together, eat, chat and enjoy. It's my one night where all bets are off. I enjoy the company and enjoy the snacks/food. I WON'T feel guilty. I will work hard tomorrow to make up for it. I will enjoy!!!

1 comment: