Sunday, June 6, 2010

Run for the Rosas - My 3rd 5K!

Finished in 37:24 ~ My best time yet! HOWEVER , someday I would really love to run a race when it's NOT raining or snowing out! 
 

We woke up this morning with the rain SLAMMING our house. We've had the weirdest weather lately and today was no different. I have no idea what time it started, but it wasn't raining when I went to bed at midnight, We work up at 6am, which our back lake Flooded like a lake, Couldn't even see the tips of the grass! Then looked out front, and thankfully we are the high end of the street, the others at the low end, well the street was all flooded up onto the lawns and then some! the sewers just couldn't hold all the water. it was insane! Thankfully JUST before we left the house, it stopped! 

 

However, not for long! It was misting as we lined at the starting line, and just continued from that point on. What a mess! I ran the entire first 1.5 mile. Then it became a complete downpour and I walked for a bit. It couldn't even see where I was going and with nothing dry to wipe my eyes, it was hard! LOL - I continued and pushed through like never before. I ended up finishing in 37:24, and making a PR for this race! Wahoo! Surprising with the weather conditions and all. 

My next race unless I find one sooner will by my 10K on the 4th of July. I am really looking forward to that one! 
 
Coming up the finish line! 
 
This is after the race. The only dry spot left on my whole body. Guess being "larger" on top keeps the belly dry huh?? LOL 
 

Finished 143 our of 157. I'll take it!! 

2 comments:

  1. awesome job! great pics its always raining where I live too...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are doing such a good job!!!! You look great and I am sure you feel fantastic! You are such an inspiration to many. Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete