Tuesday, July 6, 2010

10 10 10 summer challenge

Since Spark ate my 10K blog yesterday, and I don't have pictures with me at work, this one will have do.


My gym (the YMCA) has started a 10 10 10 summer challegne. It's actually 3 challenges in one. they consist of the following

1 - Lost 10lbs

2- Complete 10 cardio miles on Y equipment

3 - Try out 10 different classes.
You can do one of all 3, and if your are able to complete each or all of them, you get entered into a drawaing to win 3 hours of personal training. The competition runs from July 5th to August 25th. Of course I HAD to sign up. I never let anything of the sort pass me by!
So yesterday was my weigh in and first meeting with my trainer. I was SUPER excited about this. I've been weighted at the gym before and I KNOW for some reason the scale is never right. It said I weighed in at 230. I know this is wrong. Even more so since it was 7 at night and I we just finished a HUGE dinner. My scale at home last week was 239, and when I got home from the gym yesteday, just to double check it said 242, so I know 230. is wrong, but we'll use it to track at the Y ONLY. I got my body fat measured and he also took all of my regualr mesurements. He told me I have great running legs. I have to laugh at this, only because everyone tells me I have these amazing legs. And I am lucky enough that I do have nice legs, but this is NOT from weight loss, I've been lucky enough to be born with nice legs, thanks to my dad (LOL) Only NOW they are QUITE muscular! So thank YOU all too for the great comments, I only wish it was becuase I worked HARD to get them that way.
So after all the measuements and things he got a strength circut together for me. He said I didn't need a cardio plan, that between running and what I accomplish on the machines there, I am doing all the right things. he did say that if I am stucks and want to switch it up, then trying doing intervals on the elliptical for 20 mintues instead of just 30 mins of average. So I'll try that too. I loved learning how to use the free weights and different techniques. I have a bunch of things to do, 3 days per week and do each set 16 times for 3 reps. this is interseting, since I typically Only do the machines for 2 reps of 12 each. Hm... So maybe this will help? It's a nice mix of machine, free weights and cable weights. I am excited to start it1
Tonight i plan on doing my strength class, maybe 30 mins of cardio then relaxing in the pool for a bit too. It's in the 90's here and will be for the next few days. I have central air at home, but the pool will still be a nice break from the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment