Monday, July 26, 2010

In 11 days Hubby & I (sans kids) hop on a plane to fly across the country to celebrate his best frieds wedding in Denver, Colorado. I am SO excited for this trip, I can't contain it! :-) Some of you may remember that there was a specific dress that I Really wanted to be able to get into for this wedding. I bought it 4 years ago and never wore it. When I pulled it out in the begining of June to try it on, I could barley get it on, let alone zip it. I had a super strong fitness plan to make it work by August 1st. Although I wasn't able to stick with that plan (jillian Michaels hurts my knees WAY too much) I did get a good strengh routine from a trainer at the gym and continue to run races and do cardio as well. I am happy with how I am working out. Funny part is during this time, I have lost NOTHING! I've gained a pound and lost a few ounces, only to gain them all back again. So be it. I've learned early on that I am a VERY slow looser. Well yesterday, being short of 2 weeks before the wedding, I figured I better try on that dress. Well let's just say I won't be wearing it to the wedding, BUT I was able to get it on, and ZIPPED! Until the boobs came into play. I have lost NOTHING here. And it seems to be my problem! LOL It fits over waist, and hips, but can't zipper it over my chest. *sigh* I am PROUD regardless that altough in the 6 weeks I've lost no weight I was able to get in that dress, that was NOt even close to being able to do so before. So that makes me feel better.

So I did still end up having to go dress shopping yesterday. I had no one to go with, so I had to go alone, which is not easy. you always need another pair of eyes. First two store were horrible. I couldn't find anything and when I did, I felt like a blimp. The last store (Dress Barn, which I should have just went to first off) I found a couple. I've never shopped at a store where the sales staff is so willing to help. I was torn between 2, so had to go out and model them both (since I was ALONE!) to get an opinion. I ended up buying one and even got some earrings to go with it as well. I'll have to take pictures of it later to show you.
I also had a converstation yesterday about weight. It was intersting. When I was younger, I always thought I was HUGE. I've again, always been heavy, but after looking at pictures, when I thought I was really big, I wasn't nearly as big as I thought I was. Now however I am. It's horribly sad that body imagine means so much to us at that young age. Its sad to think that so many years are wasted thinking horrible thoughts about yourslef, only to look back at those years now and WISH you could look like that it. Society makes us think this way and it's sad.

Oh here's a HORRIBLE cell phone picture of the dress. it does it no justice and you can't even see the color or detail! But it's something until I get home later!




Tonight we are going on a late night boat ride (cataraman) with my dad and his wife, and some other friends.

(horrible picture, had to find it online) But it's something we do every year at this time. We have the last sailing time from 8:15pm to 10:15pm. NO kids again, they'll be home with the sitter! Food and drink are included. I am really looking forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment