Friday, July 16, 2010

Oatmeal pancakes & Race today!

I've never like oatmeal. I've tried many many times to eat it and just can't do it. I have NO idea if it's the texture or what, but it just doesn't work for me. I read a couple weeks back on a spark blog, (NO idea what one, sorry!) About making oatmeal pancakes. Simple ones at that! I thought what the heck?? It doesn't hurt to try and see if I like it! And I do!! I just use one instant packet of quaker oatmeal ( I like maple/brown sugar for flavor) One whole egg and one egg white, mix it together, pour into pan and proceed as if making regular pancakes! One of these is more then enough and plenty filling. the original recipie called for 2 whole eggs, but I couldn't justify the calories and fat in that 2nd whole egg, so I used just the white of the 2nd one. I also tried it with just one egg and a couple tablespoons of water, but It stuck to the pan and really didn't hold very well, so I suggest using the egg rather than water. I also use a little bit (maybe 1-2 tbsp) of light reduced calorie syrup. I can't do the dry thing, just me being weird.

here's a picture of it, of course after I started eating it already! It looks like a ton of syrup is on there, there really isn't. I think it's the glare of the bright lights at work. :-)
Nutrition Info of my version:
Cals 302 (this was 252, but the syrup brings it higher)
Carbs 44
Fat 4
Protein 14
Tonight is also the Subaru 4 Mile Chase Race. I am not sure how i feel about this yet. I've BARLEY ran at all since the 10K. The temps have been in the 90's and the humidity is insane and I just can't run in that. I've been working out. We've been bike riding ALOT. I do the elliptical almost daily, so it's not like I've done nothing, but not a full out run. I did run on the treadmill the other day at the gym and HATED it. I HATE running on the treadmill. funny since that is where I started at! So again, the temps are cooler today, thankfully (84 if that's cooler!) but STILL very high humidity. So we'll see how it goes. It helps that it's at 7pm, so the sun will going down and it'll be cooler then if it was at 9am. I am not shooting for anything other then to finish this honestly. Hopefully in under and 55 minutes (my goal) But again, it's been 1.5 weeks since I ran that distrance, and I have no idea how I'll hold up. I am not sure of the course yet either. Time will tell!!


Here's a cell phone crappy picture of me to leave you with today. I took in the bathroom at work, so it's pretty blurry but it's the best I could do.



July 16th 239lbs.
Happy weekend everyone! We are taking the kids to an amusement park tomorrow wtih a special needs group, super excited for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment