Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2 Training

We unfortunately had a rough rush hour yesterday, with lots of blowing snow and winds, so I wasn't able to get to the gym when I wanted to. I've decided that in addition to just RUN training, I am still going to do classes and add in strength when I have the chance, since I believe all of those are JUST as important physically and mentally when running. So, by the time I got to the gym I was only able to get in 1/2 of my running program before the Class I wanted to try started. I planned on finishing up the 2nd half after class, however, holy freaking aerobic class! By the time it was over I honestly felt I got more then enough leg work and resistance in, so I skipped the 2nd part. I took the high/low aerobics class. I can tell you that my arms are KILLING me today. Man oh Man. My legs aren't hurting too bad, but I think my legs are generally conditioned for such activities since I do already run etc. The problem I have? My chest! I have to say, jumping, running in place and such things, do not go so great on large chested women. My boobs felt like they were being stretched in directions they should be. Yes, I had on a sports bra. Apparently, when taking such a class, I'll have to wear 2.

I have plans tonight, so I won't be able to get a run in, but plan on going to the gym tomorrow morning for Week 1 Day 3 of  Zero to 10K. The program doesn't have you running on a daily basis, I just choose to do this. It should be every other day. Since these first couple of weeks are pretty easy runs, and prior to this, I was running a good 2 miles with out stopping, I figured I'd run daily, until my body tells me that I need to take that rest day.

I've added a ticker at the top to count down until race day. Soon, I'll start looking into Hotels for that weekend as well. I also need to work on a sitter for the boys. Originally I was going to bring them with, however, the race starts at 7am, and I can't see them sitting patiently waiting for almost 3 hours for me to cross the finish line. 35 Minutes, yes, not HOURS worth of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment