Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 2 Day 1 Done


There am I prior to running last night! Last night was Week 2 day 1 of Zero to 10K. It consists of six 90 second runs with 2 minutes walking between each one. I should mention that every single one of these runs has a 5 min warm up prior too, and I always add in my own 5 min (or longer, until I get back home) cool down as well. 

Last night was the first time I doubted myself that I would be ready to run a 1/2. It was cold last night. The winds were insane, so bad actually that hubby came home from work early, because he wouldn't work anymore, every time he lifted his 48 foot dumb, the truck would almost tip. SO yes, it was windy. It was 39 out, but in he dark, and in the wind, the windchill had to be pretty cool. I did great the first 5 runs, but I really really struggled with the last one. Mike run with me last night. Mike is NOT a runner, but I was so proud of him, he ran every single interval with me, and in the end, he wasn't even wiped out!! Made me feel worse almost  like what business do I have to run 13.1 miles? None at all. We actually took a long zigzagging run to Wegmans (we were out of Peanut butter for the kids lunches today.) then walked back home. We finished the program prior to going into wegmans though. I'll post the stats separately  since the mileage for the run and the total will different. Mike's legs were hurting him quite a bit on the walk home. If he chooses to continue to run, we'll have to invest in a really good pair of running shoes for him as well. We all know how much those babies cost ($$$) Having 3 runners in our house might get expensive!

So here are last night's stats:
Cold, Windy & 39 degrees. Ran at 8:30pm. 
Week 2 Day 1 1.47 miles total with a pace of 14:24 (20 min with warm up/cool etc time to complete the day)
NIKE tracker - Total miles 2.50 done in 38 mins 32 sec. with a pace of 15:23. Keep in mind when looking at that pace we walked back the 1 mile from Wegmans. (however, if I was to run 13.1 miles with that 15:23 pace, it would take me 3.32 hours to complete) 

Oh - I also signed up for the Biggest Loser Boot Camp challenge online, it starts tomorrow. I am on the Vanishing Vixen team. Excited to do this with a team, the motivation and support that comes with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment