Thursday, January 3, 2013

Half Marathon What????

Seriously, I have NO idea what the heck I was thinking. BUT, On New Year's eve, while Colin was sleeping, Courtney was hanging out with a friend and Mike and Caden were across the street at a get together with the neighbor's  I was on the computer, signing myself up for my first Half Marathon. OMG!! It's always been my goal over the past 3 years to run one. It's on my life's bucket list, so here I am. As I was sitting there 3 nights ago, I was on Facebook  I had heard of the Biggest Loser walkrun previously and looked into it, but unfortunately  I have NO one who wants to get out and workout with me ever. I think it's part of the reason I fail so much. I have tons of online support from friends, but when it comes to real life? I have no one really sitting in my corner cheering me on, and honestly? It gets depressing. So.. a friend of mine had posted that she (who doesn't run at all) created a Team for the The BL walkrun. The Bad Idea Bears. Then asked who wanted to join. If you get more then 25 people on a team, the BL awards you with a team tent/banner and team photo after the race. I thought, well... here's my perfect opportunity! I sat starting at active.com for a good 30 minutes wondering if I should hit register or not. Then I noticed that if you signed up by 12/31 at midnight, you save $10 on the fee. Well, that's a no brainier  I clicked register. I also didn't realize too, that when you register with a team, you also save another $5 off the fee. So by registering with 1.5 hours left, I was able to save $15 :)

Of course I woke up the morning after wondering what the hell was I thinking?!? My husband said I have NO idea Kym! So needless to say, Yesterday was Day 1 of my training. I am following the zero to 10K program to start now. I've ran a 5k, 8k and 10k in the past, but wanted to start from square one. This program is 10 weeks long, but i am hoping to complete it sooner then that. It ends with 60 min straight running. Once I am done with the 10K program, I'll move up to 10K to half. I also have a few things on my amazon wish list in waiting. So when I can afford it, or when I think I need a push, I'll go download a book or two.

Since it's 17 outside, snowy and way icey, I decided to go to the gym and run on the track last night. The Zero to 10K is interval training  which i love, so it was perfect. According to my NIKE app, I ran 2.17 miles in 35 minutes, considering there was a lot of walking involved, not too bad!

figured I'd track my weight and picture progress as well. Weight yesterday was 261 (darn holiday!)

Side View

Front View - I hate how my eyes look demon(ish) ick. 

Back View.

No comments:

Post a Comment