Friday, January 11, 2013

Injury :-(

I was so excited to go to the gym last night to take a 6pm aerobics class. I rushed though dinner (thank goodness I made chili in the crock pot) Mike rushed out to pick up Courtney after track practice, so I could leave the house by 5:40 to make it on time. Got there with minutes to spare and was good to go. It was nice to have people say, Hey! Welcome back, why didn't you come to Tuesday's class?? A girl who started with me last Thursday was there again last night too, so I feel better when I am not the only awkward one. However... I am such a freaking klutz. I always have been. *sigh* We started class, got some good stretches in. Less then 10 minutes in, we were starting our heel kicks and somehow, My feet got twisted, and my right foot stepped on my left foot and down I went. I thought for sure I twisted my ankle, but it ended up being the side/top of my foot. I had to sit down in class, they brought me an ice pack, took off my shoe and iced it for a good 15 minutes before I attempted to get up again. I thought it was feeling great (in reality it was numb from the ice LOL) Put my shoe back on and got up to walk, only to feel the stabbing pain all over again. They wanted to bring me downstairs to my car in a wheelchair!! I said, Um, No, I'll be just fine. One of the trainers helped me walk out to the elevator, which they MADE me take downstairs. and i hobbled to the car. I walked in less then an hour after I left the house, to everyone's surprise. 

I kept it iced for a while longer, and we were in bed pretty early, so it was elevated, but it hurt really bad during the night last night. I woke up this morning, to this huge blob on the top of it. Ouch. Kind looks and feels like a Hematoma of some sort. It's very fluid full.

 I took 4 Motrin before I came to work today, so right now, it feels pretty good. The swelling has gone down some, and I am able to walk a bit better. The pain is subsiding. I am hope it holds up until I get home at least! 

I am most sad that I can't run tonight honestly. I'll have to compensate with something else I guess. I'll figure it out, But I am NOT giving up! And i am hoping I'll be better and get to class on Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment