Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals

Before I get into the actual post - Weigh in day today! I came in at 258.8! I'll take it! 2.2 loss.

So... Lots of inspiration on Facebook this weekend. It didn't me to the gym, but that's Ok, it was a choice I made, and I am happy with it! 

Lots of talk about how much weight we actually want to lose. Looking at the big number can be QUITE intimidating. Sunshine's journey to 199 (whose posts ALWAYS inspire me BTW  posted how to look at it in smaller numbers and how much more achievable it wills seem. So.. I've decided to take that advice. I have no real goal date set, so I am using my 1/2 marathon date for now. I basically just want to lose the weight, I have no time frame for it to happen. Here's the formula that she gave us.

Take the number of pounds you want to lose
Divide it by the number of months your giving yourself
That total is the amount you'll need to lose per MONTH (already, a much more doable number!)
If you want to keep going though, you can divide that number by 4 (typical amount of weeks per month)
This gives you the total you'll need to lose per week, to meet your monthly & ending goal. 

Since my first goal is just to get to 200 (although, I'd be really happy with 215, it's what i weighed when I got married 10 years ago and I was completely happy with my body at that point) But we'll strive for the 200 and then reassess the situation :-) I need to lose 58 lbs. 

So my formula looks like this:

58/7 = 8.3 lb loss per month
8.3/4 = 2.07 loss per week 
 IF I am able to complete this before my 1/2 in 7 months and one week, I will need to lose 2 lbs per week. it's not impossible, but might be tight. 

I am the slowest loser ever, and ALWAYS have been. (I think it's part of the reason I fail all the time. I give up when I don't see big results like others do)  If I aim for the 215 by the 1/2 I'll need to average 1.5 lbs per week. Again, not impossible, but tough for me. I am hoping for at least a 1 lb loss per week, and if that happens, they HEY!! Great! I am still happy with any loss :)

Seems easier to look at this way doesn't it? So what's your formula look like? 

Disclaimer : No matter how much I lose or DO NOT lose, I'll still be running that 1/2 in 7.1 months! I've ran at 265 before and will do it again if need be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment