Monday, May 17, 2010

10K????

Ok, this blog needs opinions for those who know me, or what I've already accomplished in order to Know if I am can do this or not. I know alot of people who are either running or training for 10K. Which has of COURSE "spark"ed my interest! LOL Actually my daugthers frineds dad mentioned it to me last weekend, that I should consider running the 10K on the 4th of July. I said someday I'd like to work up to it. Thinking nothing of it. Now KARV09 has me quite intriged and intersted in the 10K! {thanks by the way, you truly inspire me!} SO... when it came to running the 5K and doing the C25k Program, I had only been on spark for a couple week. Woke up one day and said I am going to do this. 9 weeks later, I run my first race, and have since run 1 more and have 2 for sure on the horizon, but would like to do more.

With that being said, there are only 6 weeks between now and July 4th. The 10K program is 12 weeks long. What are the odds that I can I can make this happen in that short amount of time? I don't want to push myself overboard and be disapointed in the end. I'd much rather you be honest with me and tell me its either impossible or that I possibly could make it happen. I can run 5K's and am fine. I can run a full 2.5 miles and not stop. When I run my races, I don't go in with the mind set that I will never walk. If I have to walk I am ok with that.

Any suggestions?? Opinions? Advice?? Come on friends, I know you have SOMETHING to say! :-)

2 comments:

  1. run in the water to reduce the stress on your joints and add running time:)

    meaning if you run 4 days a week and then jog in water the other 3 you get the benefit of running daily with the rest for your back knees hips and ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she said! plus you can walk as far as you need to during it. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete