Friday, May 7, 2010

Lunch at the mall

*sigh* I am TIRED! Serioulsy though. A co-worker of mine and I printed out coupons for a free Cami from Lane Bryant (my FAV store!) offline and decided to head there for lunch today and grab them. I also had a coupon for $15 off $15 so I wanted to use it as well. We were also talking about tomorrow weather and everyone agreed that I really needed to get a windbreaker type of jacket to stay dry. So off we went.

First Stop, Had to look and see if they had a specific pair of sneakers in my mom's size at JcPenny's. Done

Second Stop, Lane Bryant. We were here forever! I have 3 weddings coming up. One in June, local. One in July in Oregon (we're not going) and one in Denver, Co (which we ARE going to) So I thought why not try on a couple of dresses while I am here with a great friend/coworker who will be honest with me. First I grabbed some shirts. Keep in mind I typically wear a 22/24. Most of that size looked a bit big to me, so we grabbed 18/20's and in one shirt a 22/24. Turns out the 22 was too big. So on went the 18/20. Which I got ON, first accomplishment. 2 months ago that NEVER would have even been an option at ALL. They were all snug, well for me anyway, but I am used to wearing larger clothes as well. In the end I got a 18/20 shirt that was way cute and really showed off my curves, just a bit snug in the back. So I might wait a litle bit to wear it, but for $11 after the coupon, I had to have it! Then came the dresses! I am so glad Amanda was with me. I could tell by her expression when I came out if it was thumbs up or down. First dress was this one


which I really liked on the hanger, but felt kind of hippy (as in wide hips, not hippy as in 50-60's)and wide in. Amanda liked it and I got lots of compliments on it from other shoppers which was really nice. I was having fun trying these on and i HATE dress shopping. I am NOT a girly girl by ANY means! THEN I tried on this one


I got in on, needed help zipping it (My arms don't twist that way) from the sales clerk and stepepd out to show Amanda ~ whose eyes and smile were HUGE! She loved it, and so did I! Way more then the first one that I still liked too. This one was pretty slimming, I think because of the solid color on top? And it was super comfortable. I didn't get, only because I didn't have the money, but still had fun and learned that I can like shopping once again! Since about last summer when I kept gaining, I gave up shopping and did only ebay or thrift stores. So I am liking this! and they were out of the free cami's to, which was a bummer, cause I really wanted a coral colored one, but they did replace that with a free pair of panties, and their undies are my fave!! So I left with a new 18/20 top for $11, free panties, enjoying trying on dresses and a bit more self condifidence that this IS working!

Next up, Dick's sporting good for a windbreaker/water resistant jacket of sorts. Let me start by saying first they don't have much to REPEL water, next they sure DO NOT cater to plus size women. Larger men, yes, not ladies, so frustrating. Even the XL ladies would be way too small for me. So after we walk the entire store and find nothing, we are heading out and saw an huge wall for of jackets. All by North Face ($$$) I wanted to leave, she wanted to look. We found one for $39 a ladies XL pullover, tried it on and it wouldn't go past my breasts! Typical. Then we found a 2XL in mens, in Gray, it fit! No mirrors though to see. then I spotted the SAME one in orange! Loved it! So I found a jacket to stay dry in And I even asked a cute man who was shopping in the same section if it looked ok! LOL And I got it for only $39 - not $80!

Went to the food court to grab lunch (bourbon grilled chicken, yum) and as we were heading back to the car We saw them selling Frozen Dark Chocolate Covered bananas for only $1!! Of Course we got them!! And BOY did we enjoy them!!


We sure did have a fun time though, and were back to work by 1:30. What a perfect break for a rainy friday afternoon.

Now to menally prepare for a COLD WINDY run tomorrow. Got a windbeaker to keep my upper body dry. Have pants that might work on the bottom half, got a hat for the head, just need something to cover my mouth so I can breathe, any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. funny! this blog I read is also about my biggest lament today...getting plus sized active wear for women.

    http://theslowfattriathlete.blogspot.com/2010/05/open-letter-to-outdoor-divas-purveyors.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for fun shopping! Maybe by the wedding the shirt will fit perfectly and you can get the dress too!

    ReplyDelete