Monday, May 3, 2010

Finding time to blog?? Not easy!

Saturday I decided to take my first spinning class. I was weighing it all on how Colin would sleep the night before. Wouldn't you know he slept ALL night long?? Must have been meant to be. The beginners class is only held the first Sat. of the month, so I didn't make it this time, I'd be done until June 5th. The class is 45 mintues long, with 15 mintues showing you how to adjust things on the bike and basic info and 30 mins of spin. Thank goodness! Holy spin. Holy ouchy!! My quads, hips, knees and girly parts were burning up to say the least! I did enjoy it, however not sure I'd be able to do an entire hour of it. 30 mintues was ALONG time. She worked with us at the differet resistance levels and showed us some different techniques that other instructors might use if we go to their class. We did it standing and sitting. It sure is a good workout, I don't deny that at all!! I was sweating my ASS off (I wish!) Thank goodness I grabbed a towel out the car. I sure did need it. I wish they had a regular class in either 30-45 min increments, since i am not faithful that I could do an entire hour yet. I'd like to try again, then I'd know for sure if it's for me or not. I have to give it anohter try before I deciede. Right now I am still on the fence about it. I must have knoced my hip out of alingment while i was doing it too, since I couldn't walk most of the day and my hip was KILILNG me. It's better today though. After class I went up and did 30 mins of strength training to cool down.

I've been trying to swith things up during strenght too to get myself out of this funk I am in. So I upped the weight and did 2 reps of 10. When I say up, I am doing between 40-75lbs depending ont he machine.! I remember when It KILLED me to do 10lbs!

Yesterday i went to the gym too and did my 1 hour strength class. We decided to change things up and only do 30 mins strenght and then 30 min stretch. I LOVE it. We use straps to get an extra stretch and it feels SO good! Hopefully all these new things will help me drop some much needed pounds, we'll find out on Wed!

I also got my team placement for BLC 13 today!! Super excited to be a saucy sapphire and to get the challange started. I am ready for some extra challanges in life not to menion kicking some butt!!

Tonight I plan on running and maybe on Wed. too, but then I am done. My 2nd 5K is this saturday and I want to give myself time to rest up. Did I meniton the weather for it??? No? well let me do that now. 50, and rain with thunderstorms. BAD rain. Seriously?? Can I get a NICE day for a race?? I guess i always have June 6th to count on.......

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a spin class here! I would love to try it as it looks like you drain about a gallon of water out of your body! LOL! I think trying something new will definitely get you out of your plateau. If not you know what I did to do get out of mine! LMAO!

    You are doing great with the running!! So impressive & inspiring and I know one day I will get there!

    ReplyDelete