Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

Last night was my 3 month doctor appt, and although I didn’t make my 20 lb goal (bummer) she was SO thrilled with my weight loss to date. I am hovering right around 18-19 lbs right now. I seem to be stuck, but I know eventually it’ll pick back up again, but to see her SO very proud of me made it so worth everything. It’s one thing for your family to say your doing a good job, but it really meant a lot that she told me so as well. We also cut one of my anxiety meds by ½, hoping that will help with some side effects I’ve been struggling with. I am hoping that the extra working out will help off set the ½ dose that we are taking away. I am sure in the end it will be fine.

I also tried on a pair of size 22 jeans this morning. And I could ZIP them! LOL They were still tight, so I can’t wear them, but just the fact that I was able to zip them is a great thing for me. I am thrilled of what the future is holding for me!


Only 4 more days until my first race as well! I am as prepped as I can be. I plan on running either tomorrow or Thursday night before it and that is it. I know that I need 1-2 between runs to give my legs time to recover, so I don’t want to do anything any closer to race day. I am excited, but starting to get nervous. I’ve yet to actually run 3 or more miles, but I have ran 2.70 miles. So I figure what’s another .50 miles?? I can do it! I figure between the adrenaline and the excitement that day I’ll get through. And if I have to stop and walk a couple times, well that’s ok too. We found a babysitter for the boys and hubby and my mom and daughter are coming to cheer me on!  Today at lunch I went and drove the race route ~ I am sure this is what got me nervous. It’s so much more then I am used to in my small quiet neighborhood, but it’s Ok. This is only the first one, I have many more to prove better for!

Today is also Tuesday, which is my super busy day and the kids and I don’t get home until well after 8. I don’t’ usually work out today, but since I skipped last night, I might do Jillian’s DVD tonight just to get something in. I feel like crap when I don’t do anything!! I guess I am writing this here so I can be held accountable. Kym, you WILL work out tonight!

1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic news!! Congrats on your doc being proud of you and you are right, it is soooo worth it! I also suffer from some anxiety and I have noticed that it has dramatically decreased since I have lost the weight. You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete