Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Running & short term goals

Last night I ran for a FULL 28 mintues! I did have to slow down twice. Once after a pain in my side and the second to get a drink, but each time, I only used 30sec to 1 min to recover. I was SO proud of myself. I just got in my zone and went for it. It's so much easier when I find that zone. Most days it's hard to find it. I ended up on the treadmill since by the time Hubby got home and I got ready it was 8pm, so no track running after dark. Courtney and I got the gym and I began right away. I started running at 4.5 and with each new song that came on, I would up my speed by .1. So in the end I ran most of the run at 4.8 - 4.9. for the last 2 mintues I pushed it and ran at a 5.0-and 5.1! Wahoo. LOL my average still only ended up being a 4.4, but that's OK, becuase outside I average 4.0 - 4.1, so that's about right. In total I covered 2.37 miles in that time. More then I've done in the past. I've still yet to make it a FULL 3.1 miles, and it nothing else, My 5K maybe the first time I do!
I also have a doctor's appointment coming up next Monday. My goal by then is lose another 1.3 lbs, which would put me at the 20lb loss mark since Jan. But 22 lbs lost since Dec. When I went in decmeber and saw that 267lbs, it's what made me decide to change. I was discusted that I let it get that high. I had to add more mediction for my anxiety and I don't doubt it's becuase of my weight gain (not to menion daily life stuggles, but that's typical) So she told me I really needed to get into an excerise routine and stick with it. When I went back in Jan to my 4 week check up I was down 2 lbs and started THIS journey at 265. i would LOVE to show her that in 3 months i lost 20 whole lbs. Not to mention I can tell her I am running my first ever 5K the following saturday. What an accomplishment in 3 short months.
After I meet that, my next goal is to lose 30 lbs by June 1st and then 40 lbs by August 6th, when hubby and I travel to colorado for his best friends wedding. Hopefully I'll be able to shop for a new cute dress for that as well!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment