Tuesday, March 30, 2010

15 POUNDS IS ALOT!

Since Jan 22nd, I have lost exactly 15lbs. Since Dec. 17 lbs. But one never thinks that is enough. This past weekend, when I was doing the 2 mile walk for wellness walk, my partner and I were talking about weight loss. One of the leaders of the walk had lost 8 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Yes I said 2 WEEKS. that is NUTS! I'd be happy with that per month. So I mentioned that I've lost 15 lbs in 2.5 months. She said wow! that's great. I said really?? I was hoping for alot more. She said, you know what, everyone thinks like that, but think of that weight as an object. She said think of a 5lbs bag of potatoes for instance.
I have lost 3 of them. I never looked at it that way, but that is ALOT. 3 bags of potatoes weighs alot of weight. I guess looking at it like that, really shows me that I am accomplishng something. So those of you who struggle, or think what you've lost isn't enough, like me, find an object that weights that much, or 1/2 of that much and double it. You'll be pleasantly suprised too!

1 comment:

  1. I have lost a dozen 10 pound bags of potatoes.

    feels good really doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete