Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 4 ~ DONE!!!

*Whew* I haven't looked ahead yet to see what week 5 hold for me, and I'am not yet sure that I will. I'd rather be told when it comes, then have to stress over it for days! Today's wasn't to bad, but still rough. That 5 min. kills me, so does that 2nd 3 min. ugh. My feet have been sore which doesn't help much either. Oh well. I am so glad that I am starting week 5 - that means that I've made it over the 1/2 way mark and my odds of quitting in my head are less then 50%!! I KNOW I will do this thing. After all i didn't throw $20 away for a 5K for nothing!!

Tomorrow is my weigh in morning. Looking VERY forward to it. Really hoping to lose that 1.5 lbs that I said I would in the MaryMack challenge!! Fingers are crossed. I think I might head to bed and sleep over some more fat LOL

Hey - anyone ever go into a sauna?? I've never. Please tell me what the exact purpose/benefits of one is. What do you wear? How long do you stay in?? Help??!!

Night my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you asked about saunas so I must share. I'm Finnish-American and Finns love their saunas! Saunas for Finns are different then what you see in like a hotel or gym. You can read all about that here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_sauna
    But Basically, you can expect it to be hot! In hotels it will be hot dry air. As a Finn I like mine more steamy so I bring a cup or the ice holder thing(with water in it) and a wash cloth in there with me. I wet the wash cloth and then when it get to feeling really dry I drape the wet wash cloth over my face and breath through it for a bit. I typically stay in a sauna for 20 to 30 minutes. But, I was raised taking saunas so this might be long for a newbie. You should plan 10 minutes(leave if you start feeling dizzy). You'll sweat and tight muscles will relax. As far as health benefits, I'm not sure...I know my skin stays nice and blemish free when I take regular saunas and I'm relaxed and more calm. Oh and if you have a head cold...that'll really loosen things up and get you feeling better. But other than that I haven't noticed anything. In hotels I go in my swim suit (never go from the pool to the sauna...chlorine from your suit can vaporize into the air and make it harder to breath) So I go to the sauna first then wash off and jump in the pool. Finns are known for loving extreme temp changes (hot to cold) like this so listen to your body if you get dizzy you need to acclimate to the temp changes more slowly. Hope this helps you.
    Have fun sweatin'

    ReplyDelete