Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So far behind!

Our day's have been so busy with the kids, preschool transition, kindergarten transition, family coming to visit, I feel SO out of the loop. I hate this feeling! I haven't even been at work much because there is just So much to do. By the time I get home, get dinner, get to the gym and get home, it's beyond 10pm, and I can't even find the time to get on here or blog. Ugh!!

Moving on, yesterday I did my version of Week 7 day 1. I wasn't able to do the 25 minute run, but I didn't go into it thinking that I could either, so I wasn't disappointed at all. I'd say that I was able to run for about 20-22 minutes of it, not consecutive but I did it nonetheless and that is what matters. I figure I have a week to perfect it and if I don't, then I have next week too. I'll get there. I like that I can have that attitude! I also experience my first ever shin splints during it. How horrible. I was DYING by the time I was done. I ran at a .5 include instead of 1.0 I wonder if that was why? Whatever the reason, I was in pain. I did my weights after that, but no leg ones, I hurt too bad. then I pushed through 14 mins on the elliptical and then crashed. Glad I brought my swim suit with me, I hit the hot tub up for my aching muscles for a bit. Glad I did too, because I felt SO SO much better today. Usually I am still in pain, and although my knees hurt a little, it's NOTHING like I know it would have been.

Tomorrow I'll try day 2 and see how it goes....tonight is my night off. After taking the day off or work, for 3 meetings and evals and screenings for 2 kids then parent group, I am just getting home at 8:30 and I am wiped! Looking forward to resting and prepping for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ive had shin splints recently. they SUCK! Stretch out your calves good, especially when your shins are hurting and it helps so much! (thanks wikipedia for that answer!)

    ReplyDelete