Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moving onto the next week

So here we are at week 4 Day 1 of the C25K which I did last night. I can't believe that I am 4 weeks into this already, man how time flies. 5 more weeks and I should be ready to run a 5K, I use that term loosely in case i am not ready, but we'll see! So week 4 entails 1 90 sec. run (2) 3 min. runs and (2) 5 minute runs. Whew! I burned 344 calories in this 32 minutes! I had the hardest time with the 2nd 3 min run actually, which was odd to me. And the last 5 min, I really had to push. I turned down the speed at one point, then ended up upping it again, since it's easier to run fast then too slow for me. those last 60 sec. I pushed HARD and ran a 4.9! I have some a-m-a-z-i-n-g support from my spark people buds and we really push each other. There are 3 of us in the same week and we are always checking on one another, so it's nice to know people do care!! All in all though, I really could NOT have done this 5 min. run if it wasn't for my new sneakers! What a HUGE difference they make in a workout, holy cow!

Here are a couple things I've accomplished since I began on Jan. 22nd. So this is my 6th week in this.

I haven't had ANY iced Cappuccino in 6 weeks - I used to stop daily Monday to Friday for over a year!
I haven't had ANY pop in 6 weeks
I now drink 9+ glasses of ONLY water per day! (to my benefit,I've always been a mostly water drinker anyway, with only 2 cans of pop/day)
I eat a TON of bananas, oranges, apples, pears, asparagus, broccoli, mixed veggies etc.
I am tracking ALL of my foods/nutrition on spark people.
I've lost 10.4 lbs in 6 weeks - and rewarded myself with new sneakers!
I work out faithfully 5-6 days per week
I took my first boxing class on Sunday and Liked it!
I started taking Zumba and LIKE it! I now take 2 classes of it per week!
I know I've lost inches, but never measured in the beginning, I know need to do some to track!
I started the C25K training program and have successfully completed Weeks 1, 2 & 3, currently on Week 4, doing day 2 tomorrow!

My new goal is lose 9.6 more lbs by April 1st, to have a total loss of 20 lbs in 10 weeks! I hope I can meet this goal!!

I also have to say how thankful I am to my hubby, who is very supportive to me during this. He stays home almost everyday with the kids so I can go to the gym. I typicality leave at 7 - 7:30pm and don't get home until around 9:30 or 10:00. He gets the kids ready for bed and in bed, so I can feel better about who I am. Last night, he not only took care and got the kids in bed, but painted the bathroom for me too! I can't express how lucky I am to have him. I am SURE I don't tell him enough or show him how much I appreciate his support, but I do. If not for him, I couldn't work my ass off every night to a new life! Thanks Mike, I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment