Saturday, March 20, 2010

I did it!

Well Kinda. I did DO the 3.4 miles... but I walked half and ran half. And I am SO OK with that. I NEVER could have ran that whole thing. And it was my very first time ever running outside. And the wind was coming towards me, which made it pretty dam hard. All in all though, I am happy. I did the entire thing in 50 mins exactly. I'll take it. that tells me that I have 28 days left to get a better time, and I would even be happy with that time! If I have to run/walk the 5K, so be it, at least I know I can do it in under an hour. Alot of the streets I had to run down, have no sidewalks, since they are busy roads, and no bike lane either, so It made it tricky, but when I got there, I was SO proud of me. And my legs for keeping me up! I would set a goal to run too in front of me, like make it to the green mailbox, or the traffic light, or the detour sign, and I always made it, I probably walked for 2 min, ran for 3-4 the whole time, but I am still impressed with my time....

Now as soon as the boys are sleeping Mike and I are going to dinner with the friends house that I ran too. We never get out much together since we both have 3 kids, so it's going to be late and it's only to friendlys, but that's OK. AND I think i might eat a chicken finger panini,. the worst thing possible, but I am looking SO forward to it!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are making me so excited to start the c25k!!! Seriously thanks for the inspiration and the confidence to think that I can actually do this!

    I have to ask though, were you really out of shape when you started? Like no exercise to all of the sudden training for a 5k? I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this can happen for someone who is so out of shape and that is me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete